Valentine's Chocolate almond brownies
Whether you are treating a loved one or yourself this Valentine's, nothing comes from the heart more than a spot of homemade baking. Our DGHQ Café (follow on Instagram for inspiration) has the perfect recipe:
Chocolate almond brownies:
175g unsalted butter
220g unrefined golden caster sugar
3 free-range eggs
200g 70% dark chocolate
100g ground almonds
60g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
- Combine the sugar and butter in a food processor until creamy.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water & leave to one side.
- Add the eggs to the sugar mixture and blend in the food processor until completely combined. Scrape out the mixture into a large bowl & add the melted chocolate.
- Sift in the almond flour, salt, cocoa and baking powder into the mixture, and stir well. Add the dry mixture to the chocolate and combine.
- Line a roasting tin (approx. 28x16cm) with greaseproof paper & pour in the chocolate mixture.
- Pop into the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for approx 25 minutes or until the surface of the brownies has formed a slight crust, but is still slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes for them to solidify, and then remove and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Slice into 12 and enjoy! We love to add yoghurt and fresh berries with ours in the DG café!
Table linen available in store and online.
Follow our Café Instagram for more ideas @designersguildcafe.
At DG HQ we take pride of our in-house café, where fresh organic meals are prepared for DG staff everyday. #eatwellatwork