There really are no hard and fast rules when it comes to using colour and we believe that confidence is the key ingredient that you need when creating beautiful rooms. Here are a few of Tricia Guild's top tips.
1. Keep floors and ceilings neutral where possible and especially when using brighter tones. We have over ten shades of white that will work with any shade.
2. Neutral doesn't have to mean white - the flatter shades of blue grey and grey green can work brilliantly with all colours especially on woodwork where white could be too cold.
3. Do consider the way that natural light moves through your rooms, if necessary you can consider additional lighting to either warm or cool a room.
4. Painted floors are timeless but don't just think of them in white - a darker tone can look amazing with cool grey or white walls.
5. Use colour in unexpected places - the inside of cupboards as opposed to the doors provides an interesting and unexpected pop of colour.