Berry Polenta Muffins recipe
This is one of our favourite recipes from the DG cafe and we wanted to share it so you can also enjoy it! We recommend blueberries however the muffins lend themselves perfectly to lots of different fruit so why not experiment!
Makes 8-12 (depending on the size of the case)
300g plain flour
1 level tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
175g fine polenta
150g caster sugar
4 eggs, beaten
175ml sunflower oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
A handful of fresh berries of your choice
1. Heat the oven to 190 C (electric fan 180 C)
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the polenta and sugar and mix well to evenly blend and make a well in the centre.
3. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract and poor into the well.
4. Use a rubber spatula to fold the mixture together until completely combined.
5. Distribute the mixture evenly into 8 muffin cases and add a few berries to the centre of each one.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and a knife comes cleanly out.
7. Enjoy! They taste delicious when still warm.
To browse our tablelinen collection click here