Parmesan biscuit recipe
Parmesan & poppy seed biscuit recipe | A delicious staple at DGHQ, but they never hang around for long. They are the perfect afternoon savory snack or early evening aperitif nibble.
180g plain flour
120g soft, room temperature unsalted butter
90g grated parmesan
1 large egg yolk
70g poppy seeds
1. Mix all the ingredients together (except for the seeds) – using a food processor or even in a spoon and bowl – until a golden dough begins to form a clump.
2. Put the dough on a well-floured work surface, need until smooth (20 seconds) and divide it in half.
3. Use plenty of flour, both on your hands and on the work surface, to roll each piece into a long cylinder, 3–4cm in diameter. Scatter the poppy seeds over a flat surface. You can either roll the cylinders over the seeds, or scatter them later on when you slice them into coins.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour (at this stage you can also wrap the cylinders and freeze them).
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan. Cut the cylinders into thick slices, about 1cm / ½ inch thick. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes. The biscuits should be dark golden and smell amazing!
Leave to cool completely before serving, or storing in a tightly sealed container. Store up to 5 days.
Follow our Café Instagram for more ideas @designersguildcafe.
At DG HQ we take pride of our in-house café, where fresh organic meals are prepared for DG staff everyday. #eatwellatwork